Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Stings Hurt!

Miss Howard's experience

Seidy's Scar
One sunny afternoon when I was driving home I lent back in my seat and that is when I felt an uncomfortable pain in my back. It felt although a sharp needle was stabbing into me. I quickly sat forward but the pain did not go away. Tears flowing down my face as I drove along unsure of what this mysterious pain was. I finally reached home and stuck in my back was what I thought was a wasp! It had got its stinger caught and was unable to get free. It must have landed on my back whist I was sitting forward in my seat and when I leant back I must have squished it. In an attempt to defend itself it stung me.
I didn't get a good look at the insect being that it was on my back so am unsure if it was actually a wasp or not. After learning about bees this term I now know lots of new information and can now tell the difference between a wasp and a honey bee.  

14 comments:

  1. How did the wasp fly into the car?
    From Jake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Jake, it was a lovely sunny day and I had my windows open. I think the wasp must have come in through the window.

      Delete
  2. What happened to your dog Miss Howard?
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor little thing a bee stung her!

      Delete
  3. Miss Howard was your back sore when you went to bed? Urshy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so sore for a few days then it started to get itchy.

      Delete
  4. How did your dog get that scar? KJ and Shontayne

    ReplyDelete
  5. She got stung by a bee and it left that scar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you know she got the sting? Anaari

    ReplyDelete
  7. She came inside limping and we saw that the stinger was still in her arm. We got it out and it left a mark.

    ReplyDelete
  8. poor seidey is she better yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was she sad
    aaliyah and phoebe
    is she ok?
    i

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi girls, she was sad when it happened. It took us a little while to figure out that it was a bee sting. At first we just thought she had hurt her foot as she was walking round limping and didn't know what to do with herself. Once we figured out that she had been stung and took the stinger out of her paw she felt much better.

      Delete